Monday, December 13, 2010

For My Grandma

Today I was reading a devotional blog from Proverbs 31 ministries. It reminded me of my own grandparents love. It makes me miss them both this holiday season. HERE is the link.

I have been working on a very special Christmas present this year. My grandfather passed away in May, and we celebrated his life in July, when he would have celebrate 90 years. 5 years ago, I interviewed my grandparents for a college assignment. One story they shared with me has had a major impact on my life. They got married in California because he couldn't get leave from the military to come home to Illinois. They live there for several years while he finished his assignment in the Marines. Those were tough years being so far from home, and yet they survived and thrived. 66 years later and they were till going strong. Because of the necessity of only having each other they grew closer together and that strength and dependence on each other is still evident at the end of their lives. It was with this story that I was prepared to move far from home as a newlywed, myself 3+ years ago.

My grandma doesn't do computers but she is one of my most faithful readers, thanks to mom who prints the posts out, Merry Christmas Grandma.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...